View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Hey Dawn,

My indigestion generally hits after I eat. That is why I didn't really associate it with the Topamax until I read your post, I thought that I was suffering from some kind of acid reflux thing. It's very annoying but not as severe as yours, I don't end up in horrible pain, just with "reflux" type symptoms. I hate it, though, and wish there was a solution better than chewing dozens of Tums every day. Maybe I'll try reducing my Topamax dose a little to see if the indigestion gets a little better...

Sorry that yours is so bad, its a shame that you have finally found a med that works for your head just to have it mess you up somewhere else! You could give the Tums a try, they do work fairly well for me and aren't too expensive. I get the ones that have extra calcium in them.

Good luck, Sandy
Sandy,

I'm glad for you that you can tolerate so it does keep the migraines down. Instead of Tums, I take the Caltrate plus Vitamin D since I remember reading something about the importance of vitamin D for us.

Just an FYI, the gastroentorologist I met with yesterday highly recommends that anyone normally taking NSAIDS (not sure if you do or not) take Prevacid on a daily basis. Of all of the acid reducers, Prevacid is somehow different that it is supposed to protect your stomach much more effectively.

Dawn
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (02-15-2011)