View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 03:45 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Hi Melody....

Hi -

With gastroparesis (again, depeds on severity) - I live only on liqud supplements - but for those that can eat solid food goes something like this - in frequent small meals):

-no fatty foods, no greasy foods (deley stomach emptying)
-no raw veggies (so no salads)
-no raw fruits- especially those with skins
-no red meats (too hard to digest)
-if you can tolerate high protein foods like lean turkey or chicken with no skin, or boiled or baked fsh
-no cream soups
-appplesause, pear sauce, baby food sometimes ok (i ate babyfood for a while - but it started smelling like my cat's food too me - gross)
-again, if you can - tofu, egg white
-miso soup or wonton soup ok if you can (i made the mistake of tryng to live on broth when it got really bad and lost a ton of weight by accident - so you cant live on just this)
-some people do well with starchy stuff like rice - potatoes
-ensure (but watch out for higher calorie kind - has too much fat) - and carnation instant breakfast if you can drink milk

Kinda in summary - fat - fiber delays emptying of the stomach - you learn by trial and error!

I'm starting to notice a crossover of members from the gastroparesis group to the neruopathy group - (neruopathy can damage the vegas nerve that controls digestion) - also patients with lupus, diabetes, scleroderma its common to see......

Boring huh!

KMEB

Last edited by BEGLET; 09-17-2006 at 03:50 PM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote