View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Aussie ~ if you didn't have sciatica BEFORE surgery, it seems funny that you'd have it now. The only thing i can think is that it is swollen in there due to the surgery being around that area (L3-4 & L4-5) and just the swelling could be putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.

You should be putting ICE on your back for 20 minutes every 2 hours. This will reduce the inflammation as well as the pain. DO NOT USE HEAT -- this will draw blood to the heated area and increase inflammation and swelling. My Neuro taught me this - and it makes sense.

If your pain does NOT reduce within a reasonable length of time, call your surgeon. You don't want to end up like me -- I have permanent sciatica due to a botched surgery. And ya know what?? IT HURTS!!!!

I wish you the very best ~ PLEASE let us know how you do. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aussie99 (02-21-2011)