View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I'm not familiar with autism, Melody, but I'm sure this young man sensed your sincere friendliness and caring nature. You probably helped him make a tremendous breakthrough. You should be proud!
Well, I am happy and I really have no way of knowing if he began speaking recently or whatever but I definitely know that for YEARS he was completely non-verbal and non interactive and then he goes from being that to inter-acting, and speaking, well I was blown away.

I'll probably run into them again sometime this week. And if he walks over to me, grabs my hand and starts talking, then I'll be on the first plane to Lourdes because that truly would be A MIRACLE. But until that happens (and it might not, or it might, only the guy up there knows for sure), well, I'll happily and calmly approach him, take his hand and let him react in whatever manner he is ready for at that moment.

It's all about not frustrating an autistic person right? Not overloading them sensory wise and not stimulating them (at least this is what I've read).

So if anything NEW happens, I'll be sure and update on this thread.

Thanks a bunch for the nice words

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (02-20-2011), Kitty (02-16-2011)