View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

No, I am just encouraging you to be patient.

It takes time for healing to occur. The drug you were on, the studies say the neuropathy may resolve... but they don't give time frames.

Also everyone is different. Damage to nerves is tricky and some people heal quickly. I would not take the red yeast rice now at all...it complicates things. Some brands have illegal lovatstatin added to them, and the FDA is always gunning for this product and removing things. Swanson just had some taken off the market just over a year ago! (China is common in the adulteration of red yeast rice before it gets to USA).

People often expect fast results from supplements. We have learned to expect drugs to work fast. Swallow a pill, and that all there is to it. And that mindset is not what works for PN patients at all.

We've had posters here who start to improve in say 3 months.
Those who were low in D and B12 improve faster. The mitochondrial support supplements are slower.

But there are no guarantees here unfortunately. If you saw Dr. Oz yesterday, you'd be afraid to drink water from your tap....he is pushing water filters in the home big time. Lead, perchlorates, arsenic, Chromium-6 etc!

I am so sorry you are feeling alone and in pain that way. It all can be very overwhelming at times. I do not think you are spinning your wheels at all. One does however, need to be patient. Stress is very bad for PN, and seems to make it flare and hurt more. This is an inflammatory response that is difficult to control. We all get that way at times here.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 02-16-2011 at 12:05 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catloucle (02-17-2011)