View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Thanks for the Glumetza info. This drug just became available again after being recalled last summer. (same contaminated empty plastic bottle issue as with Tylenol etc).

I haven't started it because I am waiting for my One Touch strips to come via Medco...who really messed me up with a huge delay.
They may be in the mail today... or tomorrow. FINALLY.

I am supposed to test quite a bit before doing the Glumetza...then start at 1 a day. 500mg

I took Glucophage ER years ago in a dieting attempt (since I was insulin resistant then too), and it made me so ill. At first it was better than immediate Glucophage and I was doing well. Then all of a sudden the diarrhea came back and I had a terrible attack of vertigo, which another doctor blamed on the metformin so I stopped taking it. This trial with Glumetza is to see if I can improve slightly....I've been controlling blood sugars for years with diet, and now it appears that it is failing to some extent.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote