View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb stress overload= pcs worsens

It has been awhile since I've posted in here. I have felt pretty well accustomed to the changes I've made in life. One pretty big discovery I've run into is the realization that my brain still has those limits. When I push the limits, the PCS comes back with a vengeance!

My aunt was very ill, and I'd gotten hit by a snowplow as I was coming home one day. My brain doesn't work as fast as it should, for the past 4-5 years, due to my brain surgery & TBI. Therefore, it took my brain too long to process the information ~ that the snowplow didn't see me. I should have backed up, honked my horn, or yelled, but I didn't. Those thoughts didn't even enter my mind ~ and the insurance companies put me to be 25% responsible for the damage to my car. My brain just didn't work fast enough. That was hard for me to accept.

Last week, my doctor changed the times of med intake. I got all screwed up. A couple of days of insomnia quickly became 1 week (nights= 3 hrs of sleep). My anxiety shot sky high. I couldn't figure anything out ~ confused by everything. I kept calling the nurse, to try to fix my problem. It didn't work. On Monday, my nurse came (to set up my week of medications) and talked with me for a while. I was sure that I hadn't ever taken this med that the doctor's nurse insisted that I was on. My nurse took it more slowly.

She explained that I have been on this med (2 per day) since November. Before I could get my thoughts together, she went on to explain that what I was going through is normal. My brain is too busy. All of the stress. A couple of days of poor sleep, and anxiety starts spinning in a relentless circle. My nurse reminded me of little things that have been happening in the last couple of months. She said that what I'd gone through was "normal" for me. That I was okay, but my brain just can't handle all of it. I am at a point where it cannot take any more. It will get better with some time. And acceptance that I can't remember.

Thank goodness that I have a nurse that I can rely upon to get me through these confusing times in life. I am very thankful that I can depend on her being there to help me through. I still have to stop kicking myself, for forgetting everything and just move on. Incidents like these will probably continue at different times of life. I just need to remember that it isn't over. These times will recur, but I will make it through anyway....

Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote