View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I take 1000mg in the morning and then again at bedtime. She just recently started me on Lantus at bedtime. Diabetes is so scary to me. I was insulin resistant (pre-diabetic they said) until a few months ago when she told me I was now a "full blown" diabetic. Cripes! I am trying to change my eating habits but it's so hard. I was staying hungry all the time but it seems the insulin has helped with the cravings somewhat. I was doing okay until I was at Walmart the other day and went down the 50% off Valentines Day candy aisle. Bad mistake. I'm trying to get to the point where I can make myself pass on by things in the stores that I don't need to get. Like I said, it's just so hard for me. I have zero willpower.

I pretty much ignored the Pre-diabetes diagnosis and continued to eat what I wanted. I sort of had the mindset of crossing that bridge when I got to it, that I'd worry about it if I ever became a "real" diabetic. They say ignorance is bliss, and it was for awhile, but now that it's changed and I've done a lot of reading about what's happening to my body I can't ignore it anymore and am taking it more seriously. What really got my attention was when I developed neuropathy in my feet. I never knew that pain could feel that way. The burning pain, the shooting pains, the numbness, and very painful to just touch them to try to rub them. It is horrible. It was a terrible smack in the face that I had ignored my blood sugars to this point. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.

I have said some of those same things about not understanding why some people lose weight and I haven't. It doesn't seem fair . I've been told I should do 5-6 small meals per day. Is that right? I am terrible about going for long periods of time not eating anything and then when I do I tend to overeat.

Anyway, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys, I just found this thread very interesting and wanted to share with you about my experience with Glumetza. I'm going to try the 30mg protein breakfast and am going to check out the fenugreek too.

Thank you so much for the welcome. I look forward to learning more.
Jan1971 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote