View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

For a long time I used the Zone diet plan. This is a way of eating that reduces inflammation in the body, and helps you avoid diabetes, and even lose weight. Jennifer Anniston the actress uses it, for example.

The book I've just started reading is helpful. But one thing one must do when insulin resistance turns to diabetes, is ACCEPT the fact, and give up most of your carbs. The 4 hr Body, uses "slow carbs" instead. Beans and lentils. I have a problem with red beans upsetting my GI tract, but the lentils are turning out to be easy for me. They have protein, and slow your blood sugar way down. I am still experimenting with them.

Our TV and magazine ads are very seductive... it is really getting harder and harder who to believe, and to avoid eating badly. Eat and run life styles also make this very difficult.

I still use Zone bars to be snacks. And I find nuts to be a safe way to curb hunger. The 4 hr Body really takes your appetite away if you are willing to eat sparingly and only do protein and good fats.

It is just possible that diabetes has more than one trigger...say perhaps some environmental toxin that sets you up for it. I think we all have to ACCEPT and stop fighting it... and get down to basics. I am also just about to start the sprouts that Melody does here.... I finally got some seeds to work in the new sprouter I got at Xmas. ( I am 64 now and with the history of PCOS and family diabetes, I am very lucky to have delayed this intervention as long as I have).

I am waiting for the X#$$% mail to come with my strips!
It took 3 wks to get my free meter--- long story. Then I sent my Rx to get the strips and it was lost. (Feb 1st), So my doctor called the RX into Medco and they sent it 2-12, but still it is not here yet. Then today I get a notice they received my old dated RX from Jan TODAY...and put it on hold until this RX is done (3 mos for one copay-- Federal Blue Cross). So between my delay with Glumetza, and that recall and unavailability and the strips debacle... I will by the end of this week start testing in earnest several times a day to see where my bad times are. Then I will start the Glumetza which I finally got last week. GAD it has been a huge battle.

I am in good shape. Imagine if I had serious issues?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote