View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Is anyone familiar with the time-release version of Gabapentin, which I believe is known as "Gabapentin ER"?

As anyone knows who has used the regular version of Neurotin (AKA Gabapentin), it can cause one to become drousy or "loopy".

As such, I was intrigued when I saw that an extended-version form of the drug was now available (the "ER" version).

Is anyone familiar with the "ER" version, and is it logical to assume that using the "ER" version (with a presumabily slower and steadier drug release) might result in less drowsiness?

Mrs. D?

Thanks!

David
Hi David,

It's called Gralise. The side effects listed are the same as for gabapentin, though the percentages of patients affected may be different(couldn't find exact numbers for gabapentin).

The big question is, as an "orpan drug", will it be worth the presumeably heftier pricetag?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote