View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default yes this booklet

Yes, it is SSI. That booklet is very picky and wants you to do certain things. I also have medicaid through DCF, but this past month, they moved me to SSID. Those rules are different as well. DCF medicaid rules state you cannot have over $1,000 so when it came time for taxes I did not have the tax money. I was not allowed to have that much to begin with. Why should I have to pay taxes on a home that I don't own.? My mothers trust owns the house. My son paid the taxes as he will inherrit the house. They took my food stamps away, the reason given is I did not pay for my taxes. My government took all I had away that was saved before I was given medical care. I had no insurance. The trust was to be kept for the taxes, my government did not care what the trust said, I was to have nothing before I received help(medicaid.) Now that I have nothing, that same trust is being held against me. The 20% due from medicare that I had to pay, took all that I had. You loose your coverage if you do not pay your fair share, so I did. Then I was granted medicaid from DCF, and food stamps.
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote