View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Catloucle? please heed Mrs D, and be patient?

WHY? Because nerves can die in seconds [and in a very painful way to boot] But they regrow about 1/4-1/2" a month! That 'seems' painfully slow? But when you consider ALL your nerves are like plant roots? [Ever take a pot grown seedling out of the pot? All those tiny fibers?] We are talking about a lot of new nerves [or, a heap of them] growing and trying to find and learn their directions and instructions!
All I've been able to learn about nerve re-growth has been hard to find and usually NOT about sensory nerves. What I have learned is the following:
When nerves die-It's a constant, continuous pain until they die completely...if they die completely? There is NOTHING! If partly dead? They will essentially keep trying to 'send' signals to the brain or wherever asking for instructions. Which they may or may not get correctly this time. Depends on the overall damages.
When nerves HEAL? This is a different sort of pain...to me it's eye-opening and downright startling, as I can feel a whole nerve line either tremor of do a lot of ZAPS for about 5-10 minutes. They then either 'connect' or try another route and you get 'relief' of sorts.
So the latter Pains? I sort of look forward to... the others? Well, not a lot you can do for them other than get good suggested vitamins and supplements into you to help the nerves heal properly and more rapidly.
Think of one set of key nerves re-growing at that 1/4-1/2" each month? That many nerves likely equals MILES of nerves! It's your own personal 'highway', in a way, ever see a highway built overnite?
As long as you can FEEL SOMETHING? That IS good! To feel absolutely nothing? THAT is cause for concerns...and call the neuro rite away and see him/her!
Either way, the different pains to me, are GOOD signs. That I still have some nerves to work with! So take that in stride, learn to distinguish the different pains and learn more about how to adequately describe your pain[s]. It's not easy, it's very subjective and each of us feels things differently and, at different 'levels' of pain. 's!! Just do your best to get the best help you can and don't give up! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catloucle (02-17-2011), DanP (02-17-2011), glenntaj (02-17-2011), mrsD (02-18-2011)