View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I have decided what I want as my first binge. And it's not pizza. Alan told me "you are not bringing pizza into the house". I was planning on buying a weight watchers pizza but then I had this idea. The whole thing about the binge is to rev up the metabolism by eating something that you would NEVER eat the other 6 days, right?

And I have read where red wine LOWERS blood sugar. I do not drink, I only drink when I go to weddings or catering halls and I haven't been there in 5 years so I have not had any alcohol in my body in 5 years.

So on Monday evening at dinner time, here is what I am planning to do.

First sip a small cup of grapefruit juice (maybe i don't need to do this if I have a small glass of wine???)

Then as my meal (and I can't wait to do this, it's been SO long).

I will make a Romanian tenderloin steak smothered in lime juice, chopped tomatoes, basil, cilantro and fresh garlic. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS SMELLS AND TASTES. I haven't had this in over 10 years. This is my grandmother's italian recipe.

On the side I will have some veggies. I think I should skip the sprout salad because this is supposed to be a NEW meal, right?

And to top it off I will have a small baked potato. With a dollop of sour cream OH MY GOD!!!! lol

And to accompany this small feast (it won't be a lot of food because I don't eat a lot of food at one time), so it will be a small steak, small potato, lots of veggies,etc). I shall have one glass of red wine.

This I will definitely enjoy.

I wouldn't enjoy the pizza because it's just pizza. No main course.

And every Monday night I will have something similar. I just might even have a small dish of Dreamfield's pasta, with some veggies and a glass of red wine. One thing I won't have at this binge is chicken or fish or soy. It has to be something I NEVER usually eat and it has to include some carbs, right?

Once a week, I shall have a glass of wine.

Then the next morning, I'll take my blood sugar and we'll see it there is any big change.

Ooooh, I'm experimenting again!!!

lol

So let me know if this sounds like a plan.

IT DOES TO ME!!!!
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote