View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I think there are two thinks at play in this situation.

First, we do have occasional clumsiness issues due to attention or balance struggles. But, that does not make every little mishap the result of PCS.

The second issue is a new perspective. Think of when you buy a new car. All of a sudden it seems that everyone is driving the same model car. You see them everywhere. This is because the brain has established a file or memory location for the image of that model car and quickly recognizes the others on the road. Prior to that, that model car was just an abstract undefined image with no specific importance to the brain.

The same thing happens when we establish a file or memory location for clumsiness and label it PCS. Any little clumsiness that is in the slightest way possible to label as caused by PCS is put in that file. If before the PCS, you only made two clumsy moves per day but after PCS you are making three clumsy moves a day, all three get attributed to the PCS.

Lighten up, the lower stress will give the brain more attention to avoid the clumsy moves.

btw, a third issue is called the law of clusters. Randomly happening events tend to eventually happen in clusters. Then, we tend to get wrapped around the axle by the cluster of the same event.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Su seb (05-02-2013)