View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Rae and Jackie, and thanks for your posts.

I've had the system since 2004, for RSD in my right wrist and hand. It helps some but I still have bad times when I need medication as well. Over the past year or so, I've also developed discomfort in my neck and shoulder on the right, which I think is from the pulsing. At times it's so bad that I have no alternative but to switch the system off. I've been back to the pain clinic and they showed me how to do self acupuncture which helped for a while but doesn't any more.

My partner rang Medtronic in the States last night (I'm in the UK) and told them the lack of response I'd had in the UK, so I got to talk to somebody. The LEDs on the back of the patient programmer indicate battery charge and they confirmed that the internal battery is getting low and needs replacing. I guess I now have to make the decision as to whether the pain relief is sufficient to warrant having the battery replaced, bearing in mind the neck and shoulder problems. I also get pulsing sensations where the battery is implanted and it can be quite uncomfortable at times, as if it turns.

It's great that this site exists - when I first had the implant, it was really difficult to find anyone to share experiences with, particularly here in the UK and particularly for upper limb problems.

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer.

Best regards

Pip
Pharpar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (02-17-2011), Mark56 (02-17-2011), Rrae (02-18-2011), Sophie_ (08-22-2011)