View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1984 View Post
I went back to a GP and told them i wanted a referral letter, thats to be sent off but not sure how long it will take.. it wont cost me anything thankfully through the public system over here but it could take quite a while meaning months or even over a year, i'll wait and see.. but as i mentioned i might just go to A and E and try get seen to then

Thanks for all your support

Chantelle
Chantelle,
I am a newbie today on this site as last week I was diagnosed with MS and still learning just what I am dealing with. Some great and comforting info on this site and I hope to contribute.
Last 3 or 4 years I had similar pains - it was center of sinus area to left ear and would come and go. Heat would trigger some of the time - my dr said sinus issues - so ate tons of meds with little help. I have fought allergies all my life so thought it made sense. Then the balance got so bad I would stumble and was miserable with face pain. My dr said I should see a shrink - huh, he thought I was faking! So, I changed Dr's and within 30 days new Dr ran a B12 test - came back I had very low levels that can cause a deadly version called Pernicious Anemia - I started shots and withing 2 weeks ( 1x a week ) my symptoms had just about vanished...
Now, got along good most of summer and last 2 months many other symptoms have surfaced which has led to MS diagnosis. However the face pain has been very minimal so I would check out the B12 test - simple low cost blood test and you might just get lucky as low B12 can cause symptoms very similar to MS and can cause permanent Neuro dmg...
There is a very good book called "Could it be B12" written by a California nurse - well worth the read...
Good Luck!
Randy
Smokey56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (02-24-2011), ch1984 (03-14-2011)