View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
Have you spoken with your doctor about this, Clark? Are you taking anything, like benadryl or claritin or any antihistamine? Some folks premedicate before infusion with benadryl or one of the antihistamines.

Another thing you can try is having the infusion nurse rotate the bag gently during infusion to ensure that it remains mixed. That is what worked for me when I had what I called "pinpoint itching" during infusion. It was almost like having a flea biting me or something. As long as I didn't scratch it didn't get bad but scratching activates the histamines and makes it worse. Benadryl didn't work for me so I did an item by item look to see what might have been causing it, and found that the drug was separating during infusion (20 minutes or so into infusion) and we rotate the bag now and that stopped it.

Talk to your doctor! They may be able to help.
thanks. i have an appt next month to see my neuro doc. sucks that it takes so long as i made the appt in january...

also i noticed my headache in the right front area of my head came back yesterday and my balance was all out of whack. i almost fell several times...
Natalie8 (03-17-2011), shayna (02-20-2011)