View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks all for replies.

I was lucky enough to see an occupational health person today (registered nurse) who knew their job and gave me some sensible advice. Feel a bit reassured now when it comes to handling work.

They suggested continue with phased return probably for a few weeks, have breaks from computer every 20 to 30 mins, tackle low stress queries only, monitor yourself and go home earlier if symptoms suddenly increase, be patient with it and try not to worry too much.

So pretty much the same as the good advice you have given above Mark. I am sorry to hear that you are having a more difficult day, hope things are better tomorrow.

They also suggested physio for my neck which has been a mess since the injury as this might help relieve the headaches - this didn't occur to me (!).

All in all, it was positive to talk to someone who could do a bit of the thinking for me on how to handle things. I'm not especially dim but have found it hard to think clearly about what I should do and to grasp things since doing this.

I think there is a degree of toughing it out for sure, but only to an extent given the kind of job I do...
JaneLdn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote