View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Work comp taking SOOOO long

Ok, so I just got off the phone with the food stamp case worker...had to reapply.
I had received food assistance before and let the case close rather than reapply because we had a court date coming up and I <naively> thought or hoped that maybe, just maybe, everything would be working out and I would not need the assistance. Boy was I wrong!
So fast forward 6 months. Sill nothing. No healing, no fixing, no money, no nothing. So I reapply for food stamps.

And as I'm talking to the case worker, trying to explain how the insurance company that claims in it's commercials to 'do the right thing' (Liberty Mutual) is trying everything to avoid doing just that, it occurs to me how incredibly long this whole process is taking.

I was injured in Sept 2008, didn't get any payments at all until one lump sum in June 2010, and nothing since. There is no specific treatment plan for making me better, just 'pain management', which is great but won't fix anything in the long run. I don't hear anything from my lawyer unless I call and hound them. And now I've got to start all over with a new doctor, trying to explain everything that's happened up to this point.

Is there anyone out there who can convince me that it really will get better? Or someone who can explain and justify to me how and why this is taking SOOOO long? And tell me about how much longer this will last?
Does anyone have experience with this and can tell me the average time that a similar work comp case can be expected to go on???
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote