View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default medical marijuana

I always keep my ears and mind wide open when I read anything pertaining to pain control. It so happened the other day I mentioned to Suzy (she has RSD) would she consider trying marijuana to help with pain. She said she wouldn't unless it is prescribed. Me like the lazy guy I am said "who needs a prescription?" I don't smoke pot by the way, just saying. She responded that she will not do it unless it is dispensed by a doctor. It then dawned on me why. If she was tested for mis-taking her medications she would be in trouble with the doctors so it only took me a second to realize her thinking. I then said "well we live in Virginia and I'm very sure there's no medical marijuana laws here, not this conservative state. Well, it seems I'm wrong. I just read Virginia was one of the first states to pass medical marijuana way back in 1979, primarily for cancer and glocoma. Whether these conditions have expanded I'm not sure. I'm 53 and never realized VA had this on the books.

Anyway, has any NT members with RSD ever tried medical marijuana, and if so how well did it work for you? Pm me if you wish to keep it private.

Thanks
jim
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote