View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bummer. I am just so sorry for all you have been through.

To give you a little insite into the Medicare issue - my sister's husband is a surgeon. It can take Medicare 150 days or more to pay him. And often there are errors. The reimbursement rates are horrific. And many patients do not have secondary insurance for the difference.

As you can see, there are incentives for physicians NOT to accept Medicare. And it starts with the SYSTEM, not the docs.

My brother did not come from money, he owed a ton for his education when he finally finished years and years of schooling, residency and 2 fellowships. My sister also paid for her own advanced degrees. It has not been an easy road for them. And now they have their own kids to educate.

I just wanted to give you some perspective on where current day docs are coming from. I am not saying that they are right, just that there are issues with Medicare and it only appears as if its going to get worse with Obamacare.

The best of luck to you and Suzy. I sincerely hope that you can find someone soon that will work with you.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote