View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
I haven't tried it (I still have teenagers in the house). But a few other RSDers I know in RI use it often for their pain and spasms and think it works well. The ones I know grow it themselves (and say its a ton of work!).

In this state you are allowed to use it and grow it and we are in the process of approving several applications (out off many) for "compassion centers" that will sell it to patients with scripts. There are certain parameters that you need to fall under to qualify for a script, they will be much tighter here than in California where it seems that just about any and all qualify.

It is predicted that the RI compassion centers will be up and running by late spring. it will be real interesting to see what happens. Colorado passed a med marijuana law last year, there are reputedly something like 27,000 users. The RI compassion center applicants (who are supposed to be "non-profit) are positively drooling thinking about the business they are going to rake in. I am amazed when I hear about the prices they are suggesting they are going to charge!! The stuff is going to be really expensive, and insurance doesn't cover it - a one week's supply will be around $300 - $400. I wouldn't pay that unless I was TRULY desperate. WOW!! The members of the Boards of Directors listed their proposed "fees" for serving on the boards - $75K, $100K, etc. Many of these individuals have FT jobs and these are supposed to be philantraphic positions in nature. Yeah, sure... So what we are creating in RI is another gravy train for the politically connected...

Interesting topic. XOXOX Sandy
$300 - $400? I wonder what kind of volume this is? I'm assuming this will not be pill form but the plant itself-smoke form?
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote