View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mark,

I could have sworn that the snowplow would be found to be at fault! I sat in the driveway of the apartment building, watching him back up. I could see his side mirrors, so figured that meant that he could see me. I patiently waited for the snowplow to finish his work, for about 5 minutes. He backed up, and just kept on coming. A second or two before impact, I finally realized that he wasn't going to stop. I put the gear into reverse, and put my foot on the gas pedal. Too late ~ he smashed into the drivers window and mirror. It was unbelieveably cold in Mn, when this occurred. And I only have liability insurance. Boy, did that suck!

Yeah, I do need to work on accepting realistic limits. I have a thing for pushing myself too hard & then emotionally breaking down when I can't meet my expectations.

My family still hasn't accepted my brain injury either. Just last week I sent an e-mail to my mom, telling her how overwhelmed I was with all of these intense emotions. My sick aunt, struggling to be the best mom I can be, etc. Her response trivialized my emotional reaction to my aunt's health. Kin of , "She's fine, and will be out of the hospital in a few weeks. So, what's the matter?" I just hate that! Adding my week of major insomnia, lead to huge problems for me. My world was just a wreck!

I'm trying to get my life back together again, but it's not easy at all!

Thanks a lot for responding, Mark. I appreciate it!

Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote