Old 02-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Another one

Dear GJZH,
Have you tried zanaflex?
When I first tried it I started too high, 2 mg....
But, I met the drug rep in the doctors office and he shared some time with me to explain how this medication works and the best way to use it.

One complaint was a grown larger man I knew and he had trouble working with it, running equipment he was like a zombie, the 2 mg, made me fuzzy and so tired too.

Rep stated, the medication is made to work in the nerves where they insert into the muscle.By calming the nerve inflamation, the spasms of the muscle will calm down. The med used should be started extremly low dose extremly long time.
His suggested as he monitored wife and her friend was this:
Break the 2 mg sample pack size into 1 mg, take that for several weeks, three or four.
Then do the 2 mg, if this is a little strong do 1 mg one day 2 mg the next; then build uo to 2 mg after several weeks, Maybe 8 weeks later be up to the 4 mg and see how that works, if you ahve to go up, do it slow also.

I took this a long time, but, decided that the 5-10 mg of generic valium worked as a muscle relaxant for me and helped my problem. I also took the topamax for headaches, so I did not want the other medicaion.
But, I was happy with how it worked, just did take a long, long time to work it up and not be zonkers.

Zanaflex, not zyprexa though.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote