View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
I am scheduled to have an FCE test on the 22nd. My concern is that they will find me capable of doing enough to work. My pain is not constant as in I do not have miserable pain 24/7. However, My injurys do keep me from working. I am prepared to restart my work out regiment from nearly 4 years ago to make sure I can barely walk when I go to this test. I would just like to know what to expect and what kind of "tests" I will be having to go thru.

Work experience is roofing/masonary. Highly physical demanding work. However sitting/standing provides a great deal of pain and discomfort. I find my self lying down several times a day to alleviate some of the pain in the L5-S1 area and T5-T6.

Any advice or knowledge of these tests would be a great help, I have 3 years put into this SSI and dont want to loose it at the last minute.

Thanks
I have never had to take this FCE test, did SSA schedule this or your doctor. If SSA scheduled it and they are paying for it, you have no choice but to take it. What I would do is (If you can afford it) get the same test done by your own doctor and send the results to SSA after you make copies. That way they can compare results between the two. I have learned through my own expirence that SSA appointed doctors will sometimes give a 'less than truthful diagnosis" to SSA. When I took my consultative exam, the doctor reported to SSA that there was nothing physically wrong with me. Less than six months later, I had to have a total knee replacement.

Best of luck
Don't let life’s ups and downs get you down.
Get on one of the ups and hang on like a big dog!!!!
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote