View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
Thanks to all for your responses. I am not one for "putting on a show" if you will, I just want to make sure that all my symptoms and pain levels are present at the test. A truley accurate measure of when things are there "worst" I guess is what I am after. Obviously if I lay around in a lazy boy for a week prior I wont be "symptomatic". However if I maintain a high level of activity prior I will have all the pain and discomforts for the test.
Or you may have improved your conditioning slightly, undetectable by you, who feels your own pain, but maybe measurable by the test! Keeping active and in the best shape you can is in your best interest, don't you know. "Laying around in a lazy boy" does not guarantee that you will not be unable to lift or push or pull a weight . . . but neither does it contribute to your health. If you have been following the rehab plan given by your physician or therapist, and you fail to measure up on the FCE to the level needed to return to work, then the doctor has the best support for declaring your disability.