Thread: Boston MD's
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Theresa,
I know that Boston has a good reputation for great doctor's but my experience was quite the opposite. I won't go into details here but I went to the supposed "best" doctors in the Boston area, several of them, all in very high profile positions at well known hospitals, and they all failed misearably.

I eventually found the "right" cure for my rsd symptoms but that was after going to at least 5 doctor's who were supposedly the best rsd doctors to see. The doctor that figured my problem out doesn't even specialize in it. She was a phsyiatrist and I was referred to her because she has a reputation of being like a medical detective. A Dr House. Someone who will figure you out.

That is what you need to find - a doctor that will figure out what is wrong with your body. That will look at ALL systems (nervous, skeletal, musclar,...) of the body, not just the particular area of their expertise or specialty.

I would be glad to give you the name of the woman I finally found but other than her, I wouldn't recommend anyone in the Boston area for treating rsd symptoms and there are some that I would definately say to stay as far away from as you can. You can send me a private message if you have anyone in mind and I will let you know if I've seen them or not.

I have seen the doctor mentioned by Mark and agree with his comment about his bedside manner. The problem with that office, for me was that I only got to see him once, then other, less experienced doctors were the one's I saw and that care, I would not recommend.

Sometimes the office staff and the process of being seen are what interfers with quality care.

I'm sorry to say, Dr House doesn't live in Boston.

Keep searching - you will find the answers!

Peace and hope,
Lisa
lisashea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote