View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwopunch View Post
I know you asked about this a while ago, but I just arrived at the boards and thought this might help: You may be able to get financial assistance for the infusion costs via the hospital or infusion center. My insurance didn't cover my Tysabri OR infusion (even after multiple horrible appeals) but the hospital approved full coverage for me after submitting a simple request form. Maybe that will work for you as well!

I hope all went well in your first infusion!!!!
Thanks....I did just that, sent a simple letter via fax, and my neurologist agreed to wave my co-pay portion of the infusion. I guess sometimes we just have to ask.

My first infusion took 4 sticks, and I ended up having the entire infusion through a small butterfly needle. I did get a head pain on the left front area of my head, I had a quick heart palpatation, and felt nausea....BUT all in all it was better than I thought. About 3-4 after the infusion, I had a very runny nose and congestion. Not sure if it had anything to do with the Tysabri or just a cold. Also, I am noticing small brusies on my arm and leg. Anyone know if this could be from the TY??
daisy.girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (02-21-2011), Natalie8 (03-17-2011), Riverwild (02-18-2011), shayna (02-20-2011)