View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Hey Pip!

I love meeting folks from across the pond!
We actually have several here from the UK and Ireland!

So you have a cervical unit....
Jackie, Mark and I have lumbars.... you know I was wondering, since you have mentioned RSD.....
My 'official' diagnosis on my SCS surgical charts say 'RSD/CRPS'....yet I've been referring that horrid pain to more of a peripheral neuropathy type of thing......but I've been dealing with issues (especially lower back) that might indicate a possible spreading of the RSD.....
Has anyone made mention to you that this could be the case with your neck and right shoulder? Or is it a totally different type of pain/discomfort you are experiencing?

The possible RSD spreading in my case is brand new to me and I'm going to be talking to my Dr on this next week to see if indeed this might be what is going on. At first, it was lower back piercing pain....but as of late, it's been more of a 'burning' (all too familiar ) that seems to be trying to creep up in to my torso. Until now, that burning pain was only in my legs, of which, My SCS has done a wonderful job of covering over the pain....with exception of BT meds......

Do you think RSD could be spreading?
I'm going nuts over this prospect in my scenerio!

Glad you've found our forum. Please stick around! We truly do all we can in helping one another.
Like you said, it was very very difficult to find online discussions of SCS's....

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (02-18-2011), Mark56 (02-18-2011), Sophie_ (08-22-2011)