View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhen53 View Post
Thanks so much in answering yes we know it is serious but nowthe examiner says they don't have a listing for this he also has depression so now he has to see the mental doctor. I think and pray this will be over soon. Any help will be appreciated
I would go with high blood pressure(it's a gamble but its been documented) as an impairment but still seek depression as an impairment. If you have another impairment,having blood clots, might make it a slam dunk even though it may not be listed its still possible to be disabled with a combination of impairments. Has he ever had heart problems? That would help being disabled with high b/p. Do a google search on SSDI -high blood pressure. Having time on your hands to win your case is a good thing because they might rush to a decision and it might be denied. I have high blood pressure and its mentioned in my award letter. I get tired after walking for 10 minutes and must sit down. What kind of job did he have and how old is he? These are major factors in being awarded SSDI. Bottom line-he must prove that he is unable to work. Standing job-must be able to stand for 6 out of 8 hrs. Sitting job-must be able to sit for 6 out of 8 hrs.
Babyboomer15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote