View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm against people getting involved with "non-profit" compassion centers for supposedly "altruistic" reasons and then raking in a fortune off of them by charging a whole lot of money for something that only a limited number of suppliers will be allowed to distribute in our state. And in RI, the ones that will be licensed will the ones that know the right people. That's the way it always works. The administrative fees that are projected to be paid to the board members and administrators are absurd.

As for as using medical marijuana for pain, I think its truly a personal choice. I suffered enormously from pain from my RSD for over 4 years. There were days I absolutely couldn't move from bed except when I had to vomit. Too many days to count...if pot works for someone and helps give them some of their life back, then so be it.

Just a personal observation - the RSDers I know that use pot on a regular basis for their pain tend to rarely go out and get little done. I think that it can space you out for really long periods of time and you might become one of the "wastecases" we all remember from highschool. I also quit smoking many years ago and wouldn't want to ever inhale anything ever again...

Last edited by SandyRI; 02-18-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: editorial
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote