View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

aggieteacher04,

Sorry to hear you are still struggling to get others to understand. It sounds like you need attorneys with a better understanding of mTBI. Did you check out www.tbilaw.com
or www.subtlebraininjury.com?

I did a google for MTBI and attorneys Texas, and got quite a few results.

It sounds like you may have a case outside Work Comp because your employer was negligent in protecting you from the aggressive students.

btw, Thank you for your efforts to use more paragraph spacings. It helps if you limits paragraphs to 5 or 6 lines. 8 lines is starting to be a struggle to read. But you did make a good effort.

On your good days, you still need to take it easy. Pushing yourself on your good days will just negate the beneficial effects of the good days. Your brain needs you to link together as many good days as possible. Keeping you work load manageable and other stressors minimized will help you have longer linked good days.

BTW. You attorney should be able to get the non-contact neurologist's report thrown out. He is without any foundation. Second hand comments about the poor diagnostic efforts of other Work Comp doctors is no better than biased gossip. www.tbilaw.com discusses the challenge of doctors who are biased against concussion.

Do you have a helmet to wear to work? A full coverage skateboard helmet will be good. It will also make a statement about your condition and your need for safety for you head.

In your current condition, any assault to your head should be considered a felony. Your previous assault should be considered a felony due to the level and duration of the injury.

Do some online research about Multiple Impact Syndrome and concussion. Print out the best articles and give them to your attorneys. They need to send a letter to your employer stating the ongoing risk to your long term and permanent brain health if you return to work.

Hope your attorneys get aggressive with your employer and WC insurance co. I know how WC can be a nightmare. Get informed and try to protect yourself.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote