Thread: New Diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Trix,

I am so sorry that you have been diagnosed with RSD. I was so worried when you had posted earlier with your symptoms of the red swollen and burning hands that RSD was the cause. It is vital that you get into a Pain management Dr. You should start to have stellate ganglion blocks ASAP I have read that these need to be started within 3 months of onset in order to try to put it into remission or prevent spread. If I am wrong I hope someone will correct me. But it is imparative that you see a pain management Dr and that would be (Now).. As I have been told this is a Ugly Monster and this is not something that anyone wants around..
I am 1 month post op from a TOS re do and have a very angry ulner nerve and I am currently on the border of not knowing if I have RSD setting in or not. My Dr has me on a dose of steriods now which aren't working. I will be heading for a stellate ganglion block in a couple weeks if my symptoms persisit and this is not where I want to go but it is where I will need to be if the other treatment doesn't work.
I am so sorry for everything your going thru.. A triple wammy.. I do hope that they are able to rule out the Lupis..
My heart goes out to you Trix..
Please see a pain management Dr ASAP...
Many Hugs to you
Dawn