View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickey View Post
he says he can still get up to 25% of my back pay if I win and SSDI backs him up on this. If I hadn't hired him back and he filed a fee petition, this could hold up my back pay for months waiting for a judge to rule on the petition. I can't wait for months.
Not true.

My situation was a tad different than yours. I did NOT fire my attorney. I did not hire one until my ALJ hearing. Since I had copies of all of my medical records, my attorney basically had nothing to do but send for & complete some "state forms" that were needed for ALJ hearings in my state and to show up for the hearing. I did all of the leg work.
After I won my ALJ hearing (fully favorable decision), I wrote a letter to SSD explaining & detailing why I felt my attorney did not deserve to be paid in FULL. I also sent SSD copies of all copying & fax receipts plus a copy of my attorney's itemized bill as further proof.
Apparently SSD agreed w/me. He was NOT paid by SSD at all. However, I was responsible for my atty's OOP expenses which amounted to $250.00.
Mz Migraine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote