View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dearest Kim ~ Bless your heart, I cannot even imagine the pain you are in. I have never lost a child - I've lost a grandchild, but never a child. That is a parents' worst nightmare, and one I hope I will never experience. There is something wrong with outliving your child. My heart hurts for you.

What can I say besides I'm sorry? That sounds so trite. But please know that it comes from the heart ~ and I truly mean it. If there was something i could do or say that would make you feel better, I would do it.

I truly believe that we don't "lose" our loved ones. They do have the ability to "visit" us. In time, you may feel a presence in the room, or perhaps notice his special smell, or even feel a tap on your shoulder ~ it won't be your imagination. I have had several visits from my late husband ~ he even had the audacity to tap me on the fanny!!! I live alone so no one was playing tricks on me. I have talked with MANY others who also have had "visits." Be patient ~ he will come to you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear Kim. God bless & take care of YOU. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-25-2011), Chemar (03-04-2011), eva5667faliure (11-11-2011), Lara (03-04-2011)