View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Video Entered into the 2011 Neuro Film Festival

I haven't posted here in a long time, but have something great I wanted to share now. I had DBS surgery in November 2010 and was one of the lucky ones who've had a great response to it. While in my neuro's office for programming, I read about the 2011 Neuro Film Festival - an event designed to bring attention to the need for funding brain research. I decided to enter a video into the contest because I have a very positive story to tell - a story showing someone who has benefitted greatly from brain research!

The title of my video is I Have Parkinson's; It Doesn't Have Me! You may recognize the words as ones which Laura "Harley" Dean always closes her posts. From the time of my diagnosis, I have always admired Laura for her attitude towards PD. She gave me an idea of how I wanted to handle my own PD. I still admire Laura greatly and the spirit with which she's still fighting PD although the disease is giving her a tough time now. She gave me permission to use her words as my title and has become a friend as we've talked long distance. Harley's spirit is alive and well in my video!

To see the video, the easiest way is to go to: www.DBSdonna.com

Once there, click on arrow on the video to watch it. Be sure to turn up the sound because the music is absolutely beautiful (thanks to my talented neighbor, Maree McRae). Also, please be sure to type in a comment to let me know what you thought of it when you're done watching it. Finally, I'd appreciate it if you'd forward on this e-mail or one of your own to anyone in your e-mail address book that you feel might benefit from seeing the film.

Brain research has given me back my life and I am so completely grateful to be able to share my happy story with others! Too many thank you's to go into right now, but my very deepest thanks to my life-long friend, give or take 30 years, Dan Weyand, who made my life story his priority. And to Harley who was my inspiration.

Here's to brain research finding a cure for us all! Donna
DJM1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (02-19-2011)