Thread: New Diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Trix, with all due respect.....your doctor is a heartless moron.

Nothing more can be done ? How about adequate pain relief ?

Suck it up ? If only we could think of quick retorts......You should have said, "Okay, and if I kicked you hard in the nuts would you writhe in pain on the floor or suck it up, doctor ?"

Sorry for the language all, but that attitiude just infuriates me. I
had a doctor who acted very similarly with me. The words my doc used were "You need to suck it up and work through the pain." He also told me that my only problems were depression and lack of exercise. He said there was no way I had TOS (which a IME doc for WC told me I had). He discharged me after my second course of PT, when I complained (after completing both courses of treatment) that my pain had gotten significantly worse with each round of PT (all weight lifting....no myofascial release). That was the best thing that could have happened. I randomly emailed a vasc surgeon who's name I saw on a TOS site. He saw me a few days later, after a 4 hour thorough exam, dx'd TOS, ordered brachial plexus MRI, and sent me to a neurologist to be followed while doing myofascial release PT. One of these days, the idiot physiatrist will get a very snitty letter.

Most pain management cases can be treated successfully, its just that a lot of docs aren't interested in helping us get there.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this Trix. Compounding your pain with a lack of compassion (and ignorance about how to acheive adequate pain control) is just cruel.

Please ask for a referral to a doc who has experience in treating patients with RSD.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote