View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Internetqueen

Hi Paula! Yes, DJM1 = Internetqueen of old! I came back earlier and found out from Vicki how to get in touch with Harley and have been chatting with her on and off ever since. It breaks my heart that she's having such a hard time now because when I was first diagnosed with YOPD, she was my role model for telling PD where to get off! I've always admired her spirit!

Paula, are you still as active as you were (with Lil? Jaye?) in the outside world of PD? I had the opportunity to meet Joan Blessington Snyder - a big favorite of mine for her spirit too! - in 2009 at her annual Shake, Rattle, and Roll fundraiser. This forum, and all the forums that lead up to this one, were my salvation in my early PD days when I covered up my condition with "coffee jitters" excuses. But once we moved back home, everyone knew I had PD already and it was a big relief to just quit trying to cover-up.

I'm rambling but it's just so nice to come back and find old forum friends! My DBS was a huge success, luckily for me, and my family and I are enjoying every moment of it. The circumstances surrounding the making of the video are explained in the Director's Notes on my website, www.DBSdonna.com. If you want to hear the beautiful music written and performed by my talented friend, Maree McRae, go to the same website and choose "Donna's Story" and "Film Credits" to hear Maree's full length songs.

The stars aligned right, I fortunately knew a couple of really talented people, and my family supported my efforts whole heartedly. My only disappointment in the video is how emotional I was while talking about PD. I would have loved to have not cried while filming!

Thanks for the welcome back, Paula, and I appreciate your comments! Internetqueen (aka DJM1) (aka Donna)
DJM1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote