View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I've seen more times than not......unnecessary waiting due to mis-communication between the Dr office secretary and Insurance personnel.
Call your insurance carrier to verify that they've been contacted by your Dr office. Then call your Dr office just to 'check the status' of your procedure.

Operating Rooms can be VERY busy...... (chime in here Pooh!)
Just make sure you've got an actual 'time slot' with YOUR name on it!

Just wanted to throw this out there because I've seen too many times people waiting in frustration and not getting calls returned, etc etc etc....
Be polite and keep in 'good' with everyone....but don't be afraid to be a 'pest' if you feel you aren't getting any clear answers.

Caring
Rae
Rae is quiet right! OR rooms especially at hospitals that do implants are indeed busy. Even as a nurse I have fallen victim to many SNAFUs on my SCS journey: My 1st very nice well meaning pain doc made promises that could not be kept, however, when she discovered she could not keep these promises, she resorted to not returning phone calls, then when I persisted, the office manager called and basically threated me if I did not quit calling and harrassing the doctor. I pointed out that I was the patient, she has made promises I was not seeking meds and I was a RN. Later found out the "problem" was that the office had submited my info to my previous insurance company that was in their system from several years before, not my current ins, they did have the correct info on file was a "clerical error" However, I was the one who discovered the error by my own multiple phone calls to my ins co who the clinic INSISTED had the info and were holding up the works, was less then 2 weeks to approval once I called the above office manager and pointed to their error. There was never a we are sorry we messed up, just a here is a different doctor who will work better with you. Best thing they ever did 4 me!
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-18-2011), MKHolman (02-19-2011)