View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 02:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sure, I do remember!

Lindy, I do remember you. It's amazing how many names I do remember because, frankly, memory isn't my best thing! But lindylanka is a moniker that sticks with me.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I first was attracted to the contest by the prize of a trip to Hawaii! I thought how nice it would be to treat my husband to a vacation instead of vice-versa, but I quickly changed my thoughts. Not that Hawaii wouldn't be nice, but I am so totally delighted with the results of my DBS that the focus soon became trying to encourage others to try everything they can to improve their lives.

I know not everyone has a good response to DBS. In fact, I have a friend I share an exam room with whenever our neuro appointments for programming coincide. We sit and talk inbetween "tweaks." She has had 3 DBS's and is still having major trouble functioning. I admire her positive outlook and her sheer guts in dealing with her whole situation. So I know it doesn't work well for everyone, but when it does. . . it's a miracle!

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope I can help to carry the torch from those who helped you and I so as to help others with PD.

In friendship ~ Donna
www.DBSdonna.com
DJM1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote