Thread: Two questions
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 04:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Education and effect on SSDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedAsylum View Post
First, does having an advanced education in any way hurt you on the review? I'm a diagnosed schizoaffective who has been on SSD for 14 years.. My next review is in 2015. Recently I received my bachelors and am actually pursuing an MBA.. Going to school for two nights a week and not interacting with peers has little to do with one's psycho-social function, as I am still lacking in that department.. So does having an advanced degree, such as a Masters in anyway sway the review against you or do they not take into account your education and only your psychiatric well being?
Yes, having a higher education level is a negative for SSDI. SSA views college and advanced degrees as a person who has more skills ios more flexible to a broader range of jobs available in the US. Potential jobs do not have to meet equivalent income to your education. Any job in thr US economy qualifies.

I don't know about living overseas. i would research on the SSA wbsite and call your local office. I think you hav to return to the US every 6 months.
Respectfully.