Thread: blinking test
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 05:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As much as I rag on doctors, I am lucky that my general practitioner and the radiologist suggested that I had MG.

(After I had been misdiagnosed with Bells Palsy and CMT, about ten years prior.)

Otherwise, I would not have had a clue of what I had. Plus, once it was strongly suggested I had MG, I still had no time to digest the news or do any kind of research, since my father was in the hospital dying.

I am grateful that throughout all of that I withstood one neuro giving me the brush off, and thankful I had the sense to try again, because that neuro confirmed it.

However, what I learned is that the more unique you are you get different cooks in the kitchen telling you what you have.

After, I got my diagnosis I still wanted to know about the thing in my chest; the thymus, something else I didn't know even existed.

Anyway, I got two more doctors saying I didn't have MG, then I get one of them changing his mind. When in reality, I just wanted to know about my ever growing thymus. I didn't need their opinion on my diagnosis of MG, but like a-holes everyone has one, but I am still waiting on the answer on the thymus.

Stella, I am grateful for the bit of knowledge that you bestowed upon me, because I tried that blink test. That old dude did better than I did. Keep the information coming.
Poetist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (02-19-2011)