View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have actually joked about wanting to try it. Michigan has made it legal for medicinal purposes, and I have looked and printed the application. It can be presecribed for conditions such as RSD, but I am just not ready for this step.

My kids (17 and 16) are deadset against it. They would rather take care of me and help me deal with the pain. I can't even have a sip of alcohol, they and my husband tell me if a doctor says it's all right to have a drink, maybe they would let me. Until then, I can't touch it because of the medicines.

I guess that means that I have pretty good kids. My 17 year old son has "stepped" up to the plate and has cooked for our family since 2007. Instead of hanging out with his friends or even dating, he has been here to help when my husband isn't around.

I guess smoking pot would upset them and maybe make them lose respect for me, so I think I'll wait on the pot. I do have a spinal implant stim, but it has caused the RSD to spread/flare. I had originally gone in with just pain in my right leg and foot due to an auto accident, and am now suffering all over since the surgical placement of the paddle, wires and battery. I take Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lyrica, Ambien (at bedtime) and vicodin for the pain. I still have severe pain, but husband feels the meds help as I have "snuck" off some, and he notices within a few days. I guess I just take it day by day, as many others do, to see what is next. I go in on the 23rd for another epideral to see if it helps. The first one didn't, so who knows. I'm just tired, desparate and in pain.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote