View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Amazing!

Donna -

Some time ago I was at a celebratory dinner for my niece and was seated next to her husband. Although all family members know I have Parkinson's, it really is not a topic other than the occasional, "How are you feeling". Of course, I say, "Fine." This particular family gathering, the husband of one of my nieces sat next to me. After talking with him about sports, teaching, and the like, he leaned over to me, and in a conspiratorial voice said, "Tell the truth. Wasn't Michael J. Fox just putting on a show when he was on television, wiggling and gyrating? You don't do that." Not yet, I thought to myself as I assured him Michael was not acting. Not yet.

Your film is perfect. It shows how we all were once just another person in society, the persistent, deterioriating aspect of this determined disease, the hope for future medical advances in treating the symptoms, but the biggest ache is watching the effect on our immediate family members. It brings me to tears when I consider how PD has cheated them. I think it is more difficult to watch someone you love suffering than it is to do the suffering.

By the way, It is an encouraging sight to see you writing! Why I would focus on that, I do not know, but it is the supposedly insignificant things I can no longer do that disturb me the most.

Wonderful film.

Ann

Last edited by AnnT2; 02-19-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Use of an adverb that doesn't exist in the real world
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote