View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy.girl View Post
Thanks....I did just that, sent a simple letter via fax, and my neurologist agreed to wave my co-pay portion of the infusion. I guess sometimes we just have to ask.

My first infusion took 4 sticks, and I ended up having the entire infusion through a small butterfly needle. I did get a head pain on the left front area of my head, I had a quick heart palpatation, and felt nausea....BUT all in all it was better than I thought. About 3-4 after the infusion, I had a very runny nose and congestion. Not sure if it had anything to do with the Tysabri or just a cold. Also, I am noticing small brusies on my arm and leg. Anyone know if this could be from the TY??
Congrats on your quick thinking AND the co-pay win!
FYI: The infusions definitely get easier. I thought it was just me, but the more time I spend in chat rooms and on boards the more I see we seem to share this experience. I used to get tired and achy afterwards, but this diminished rapidly. I'm on month 8 now, and I'm hardly phased at all (though I do pamper myself for the 36 hours following!)
I have never seen anyone mention small bruises following infusion (except at IV site) but perhaps someone else can answer to that.

All my best!
onetwopunch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (02-20-2011), daisy.girl (02-27-2011), Grammie 2 3 (02-21-2011), Natalie8 (03-17-2011), Riverwild (02-20-2011), shayna (02-20-2011)