Thread: tired of pain
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i do understand. i have four children (2yrs, 8yrs, 19yrs and 21yrs old), three live with my husband and I. i haven't been able to work since oct last year because my arms just ached so bad i couldn't do my job as a nurse. i had my primary put me out on disability. i had ulnar surgery to my left arm in december. i tried to go back to work for a four hour shift and after only an hour i was taking something for pain. by the end of four hours my legs, arms were so stiff and aching i could barely walk out of there. my very low back hurt. my husband had to change my clothes when i got home and all he could say was it's been awhile your muscles aren't used to it. you just have to keep trying. i say my primary and i know she sees something wrong, she gets a look on her face. i went with my husband to his apt. and at the end she asked me to sit in the chair. so i did, then she tells me to get out of the chair. i started to use my hands on my legs to get up like usual and she tells me, not with my hands. couldn't do it. talk about feeling helpless. my soon to be ex-neurosurgeon is scheduling a consult with a local neurologist, pt starts this week for my arms and back(unfortunately its not for legs too), mri for my lumbar region and after my insurance ok's it cortisone shots. i don't want to go to neurosurgeons, i usually see her intern and when i do see her she doesn't spend more than a minute or two with me and heads for the door. i left word with my primary i want to do whatever needs to be done, to be done local. i am scared that i won't know whats wrong. i have a copy of my brain mri and i don't have a clue. i guess i have to wait for local neurologist to assess me and previous tests. hate waiting. i dont know much about fibromyalgia. can it stiffen up legs, arms within minutes of going out in 17 degree weather? does it cause a deep ache in muscles? how about trouble with speaking(like trying to say change her- change cher). it seems to be happening when i type also. really strange.
snookie12303 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (02-24-2011)