View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default He's going in next week.

Hi All,

My husband will be having surgery on Friday, Feb. 25. It will be a 1 level posterior fusion at the c7-t1. As I have said before he had a lumbar revision with this same group of doctors with great success. Just a little nervous my husband will not take any narcotic pain meds. After his last fusion he just had enough will all the meds. so he stopped, not any easy task, he was on the fentanly patch among other things. So he's been off everything for more than 2 years so that is the only thing that's making me nervous. I can take anything except for watching people in pain it just kills me. They tell him he will not have pain like with the lumbar and they will take care of it if he should be to uncomfortable. My pain management doctor from the same hospital will be seeing him daily just in case.

I would appreciate any advise good or bad. Like I said I'm a little nervous this time. We have been through alot with his parents both being sick with lung cancer. His dad passed 3 years ago and his mom has stage 4 lung cancer currently. It's just been a tough couple of years.

Thanks,

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote