View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
It is sad that your parents have blamed your numbness on depression/anxiety. What makes that worse is that depression is a very good reason to be evaluated. I struggled with depression after my concussion at your age. Depression and concussion are a bad mix.

Talk with your school counselor about how you are doing. Please be very open about any feeling of depression, etc. Explain your concussion symptoms etc.

Did you ever report your event to the school administration? If not, you should. It needs to be on the record for your safety and future health concerns.

There is a specialty called neuro-ophthalmology. They have a better understanding of the interaction between the injured brain and the eyes. Do a google for neuro-ophthalmologist for your local area. You could then inquire of that doctors office about your symptoms. The doctors office may be able to leverage your parents for an assessment.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

Thanks Mark, ill try and convince my parents but it's aggravating that they don't get what im going through. ill convince them to bring me to a neuro-ophthalmologist. my dad thinks it's physical depression and he says its the whole cause of these problems. maybe the numbness on my left side but i know its not the whole problem. its PCS.

Wondering how long did your PCS last?
innocents is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote