View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Found a very interesting website on Oils

Hi all.

I am at the end of my weight loss journey and have to lose the remainder 20 lbs (maybe even 10) Hit the plateau and then I watched a Dr. Oz show about eating perfect for 6 days and binging on the 7th. And since I eat perfect 7 days a week, I really watched and learned that there is a definite science behind this.

It seems that if you eat perfect for 6 days and then on the 7th, you eat what you want, your body sends a message to your thyroid and it kick starts your metabolism. And further, if you ever eat something you know is naughty, you get up, and try to do squats for 60 seconds (one hour from your naughty meal). You have a one hour window to do this 60 second squat thing. I do 30 squats (semi squats because of my knees), but I give it my best shot. That opens up cell receptors in the body and it aids in weight loss. I watched this on Dr. Oz and if Dr. Oz endorsed it then it's okay by me. The guy on the show expained it all and there were animation showing what happens in the muscles. So I'm going for it.

Tomorrow night my binge meal will be a supper time. A small Romanian tenderloin stead smothered in garlic, tomatoes and lime juice, a small baked potato, side of veggies, and a small glass of wine.

Since I never eat this way and I haven't had steak in over 20 years, and I never drink, it (hopefully) will do what the guy on the Dr. Oz show indicated it will do. Jump start my metabolism (which at 63, really doesn't go into hyperdrive any more). You really have to have a goal to be able to do this.

The glass of wine will help with my blood sugar (which I have under control anyway). I've done the research and the information backs up what this guy said so I'm going for it. Next week I might have a small bowl of pasta with a piece of garlic bread, and a side of veggies. I'm not BINGING, I'm binging. I can't overload my body with too much food, I'm not used to eating like that anymore, but I can still do a little binge meal.

Anyway, the title of this thread is about Oils that we use for cooking. Boy, the information out there is contradictory but very interesting.

Here's the website.

http://www.thescreamonline.com/essay...-1/vegoil.html

From the gist of it, I gather that Organic Coconut Oil is one of the healthiest oils to cook with, and thankfully I have that in my refrigerator. I have been using Carotina Oil which is supposed to be heart healthy. So I just might try using a bit of the coconut oil once I finish with my carotina.

Just wanted to share.

Oh, how will I know if I lost some weight? I just got Pajama Jeans in the mail. I ordered a size large because they tell you to order the same size in this item as you would in buying a pair of pants. So I now wear a size large (down from 2X all those years ago). So I bought the large. Well, I struggled to get them on. They make me look SKINNY but these are jeans and I have never worn jeans so it's like control top pantyhose from the thighs up, and from the thighs down, they are like pajamas. So imagine pajamas that are like control top pantyhouse. I knew immediately that if I lost 10 pounds I can be COMFORTABLE in these pajama jeans.

I'll try them on again in two weeks.

We shall see!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-20-2011), Jomar (02-20-2011), tied (03-20-2011)