View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I found this page today...and find it answers some of your questions, Mel.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php

The bottom line is that people vary. There is no one answer.
Mrs. D.

Hands down the BEST article on Diabetes I have ever seen. I especially loved the following paragraphs:

"It takes work and study to bring diabetic and prediabetic blood sugars down to the normal, truly healthy levels. If you rely only on pills and do nothing else, the only blood sugar levels you will be able to get to are the much-too-high "good enough for a diabetic" levels which, as you can see elsewhere on this site, are "good enough" only if you think neuropathy, retinopathy and a heart attack are "good enough."

Though your doctor may think you are too lazy to do the work needed to get normal blood sugars and may not bother explain to you what it takes to achieve normal numbers, people with diabetes CAN and DO attain these normal blood sugar numbers. You can, too. If you want some inspiration, check out this page: The 5% Club: They Normalized Their Blood Sugars and So Can You.

Can't wait to further explore the other links in this article.

I'm sharing this with all of my diabetic friends. And I have many. I have one friend who takes 1 shot of Lantus 80, 3 shots of Humulog, oral pills, AND MANY OTHER MEDS. And when she wakes up, her sugar is 281????.

Yesterday I explained about the Fenugreek Tea. I said "what have you got to lose?, you just might wake up and it could be under 200, and that would be a start, you really need to get your a1c down from 10"

She was interested. I gave her some seeds. I then spoke to her in the evening and asked "did you make the tea?" and she said "no, I'll do it tomorrow, I'm going to watch a dvd". I said 'but that takes 5 minutes and this is your life we are talking about". She said 'Oh, I don't care I want to watch tv"

So I said "okay, have a good night and that was that".

Why a person who after 4 shots, and oral meds, wakes up to find her sugar is 281 and she's not scared. I HAVE NO IDEA. I just don't get it all all.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (02-20-2011)